Kings come and go but God and His kingdom remains. Daniel is a book of the Old Testament that has comforted God’s people throughout the ages, in all corners of the earth, under the harshest of conditions. The conquered exiles needed to know where their God was and whether He could do anything about the kings and the kingdoms they were living under. This is the same question we’re asking today as hatred fuels hatred and one act of violence leads to another across the world, wherever God’s people live. Through Daniel God speaks a message to all His children: “I am where I've always been: on my throne; doing what I've always done: ruling and reigning."
The Living Word series highlights contemporary preaching and teaching from today’s leading pastors and theologians. It is a production of the Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals featuring Alliance Scholars expositing the Word of God for today’s Church.
His Kingdom Is Forever includes 13 messages:
- Introducing Daniel, Daniel 1:1-2
- God's Grace in the Devil's Den, Daniel 1:1-21
- Declaring God’s Kingdom to Earth’s Conquerors, Daniel 2:1-49
- Faith Amidst Flames, Daniel 3:1-30
- From Pride to Praise, Daniel 4:1-37
- The Writing's on the Wall, Daniel 5:1-31
- He Stopped the Mouths of Lions, Daniel 6:1-28
- Kings Come and Go But God Remains, Daniel 7:1-28
- Is History Bunk?, Daniel 8:1-27
- God Answers Prayer...His Way, Daniel 9:1-27
- Preparation for the End, Daniel 10:1-11:1
- Though This World With Devils Filled, Daniel 11:2-45
- The End, Daniel 12:1-13
Daniel Hyde has been the pastor of the Oceanside United Reformed Church since its inception in 2000. Besides being a local pastor, he serves in a variety of ways for the extension of Christ’s kingdom. He teaches a variety of courses at Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary, Mid-America Reformed Seminary, and the Instituto João Calvino in Recife, Brazil. He serves on the Advisory Council of Word & Deed Ministries. And he has written fifteen books, including Welcome to a Reformed Church: A Guide for Pilgrims and God in Our Midst: The Tabernacle and our Relationship with God.
Topics: Daniel, Faith, God, Prayer, Prophesy
Scripture: Daniel 1-12