Christ or "Big Brother"? PCRT 1984 (CD Set)
Christ or “Big Brother”?
In June of 1949, the talented British author and essayist George Orwell published the most famous of his books: Nineteen Eighty-Four. It was a futuristic novel intended as a warning of the perversions to which a centralized economy is liable and an exposure of the means by which it comes about. It was not prophecy, but today it is challenging to look at society in Orwell’s terms. It is even more challenging to critique the warped elements of our culture from the perspective of the Bible’s version of the Kingdom of God. This series looks at today’s society, critiquing it in the categories suggested by George Orwell, and then asks what the Christian answer in each of these areas should be.
• Utopia by David Wells
• Big Brother: The Secular State by James Boice
• New Speak: The Function of Language by R.C. Sproul
• Beyond Freedom and Dignity by Robert Godfrey
• Unisex: Male and Female by R.C. Sproul
• The Purpose and Flow of History by James Boice
• Is There Hope for Man? by Robert Godfrey
(7 messages on 7 CDs)