We are sinners by nature and sinners by nurture and sinners by practice. We all walked the same pathway, a pathway that was headed by destruction. But then God, out of his abundant grace and mercy, engaged in a rescue mission by sending His Son, the Lord Jesus. We hear the marvelous words of Romans 5:8 and know that they are applied to all who have not trusted in our own merits but have turned to Jesus for salvation – “But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” So now sinners who still struggle with indwelling, lingering sin are also called “saints” by calling and by position. And we are engaged in progressive sanctification as we are being transformed and conformed to the image of Christ Jesus.
- "Man as God Made Him" by Ian Hamilton
- "Man the Sinner" by Richard Phillips
- "The Bondage of the Will" by Joseph Pipa
- "Amazing Grace" by Ian Hamilton
- "Man the Saint" by Philip Ryken
- "What Is Man's Chief End?" by Joseph Pipa