What kind of worship pleases God — formal or informal? Who should be in charge of worship services — pastors or “ministers of music”? What sort of music should we use, and what about drama? Does anything go? Or are there biblical guidelines we should follow? Disagreements are often fierce and the battle lines sharply drawn. The messages in this series candidly address these issues.
The 6 plenary messages in Worship God include:
- “Do Not Do It/Worship God” by Eric Alexander
- “Worship: The Need for Reformation” by James Boice
- “Worship: The Old Testament Pattern” by Eric Alexander
- “Worship: The New Testament Pattern” by Michael Horton
- “Contemporary Worship: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly” by Don Matzat
- “Worship: The Chief End of Man” by Eric Alexander
(6 mp3 message downloads)
The Philadelphia Conference on Reformed Theology is the longest running national Reformed conference. It was started in 1974 by Dr. James Boice. It exists to glorify
God through a rediscovery of the Church’s great doctrinal foundations.