The Wondrous Cross (mp3 Disc)
The Wondrous Cross: Atonement Through Christ
The atonement — do we fully understand the importance of this doctrine? We hear about Christ’s atonement, but does it really impact our lives? The atoning work of Christ on the cross is the foundation of our relationship with Him. Our sin that deserves separation from God forever was answered by the tremendous sacrifice of our Lord and Savior.
These messages on atonement are taken from the rich history of the Philadelphia Conference on Reformed Theology. Since 1974, the message of Christ’s atonement has been proclaimed and explained by PCRT speakers.
In The Wondrous Cross: An Atonement Through Christ you’ll learn why Christ had to suffer for our sin and you’ll hear about the power of the cross. The messages include:
• Preaching the Cross by Alistair Begg
• Christ the Sin-Bearer by Sinclair Ferguson
• The Language of the Marketplace by James Boice
• The Nature of the Atonement: Reconciliation by John deWitt
• The Nature of the Atonement: Propitiation by James Boice
• Sacrifice and Satisfaction by R.C. Sproul
• The Atonement and the Purpose of God by John Gerstner
• The Necessity of Atonement by J.I. Packer
(8 mp3 files on 1 CD)