The Greatest Gain: Studies in 1 & 2 Timothy (mp3 downloads)
There is only one gospel. It’s been entrusted down through the ages, from Paul, to Timothy, recorded in the scriptures, and taught through the history of the church, generation by generation. But do you believe it? Have you received it? That’s probably the most important question you can answer. Dr. Boice’s studies in 1 Timothy show clearly how God provides for us through His Word, and that is our greatest gain.
In 2 Timothy, Dr. Boice teaches us that we as Christians are called to guard the gospel that has been entrusted to our care. But we don’t do it alone. We do it in the power of the Holy Spirit who lives in us. In this series, Dr. Boice reminds us that our trust must be in Jesus Christ as we guard and proclaim the gospel.
The 13 messages of The Greatest Gain: Studies in 1 & 2 Timothy include:
- “No Other Doctrine” 1 Timothy 1:1-11
- “Grace to the Chief of Sinners” 1 Timothy 1:12-20
- “One God, One Mediator” 1 Timothy 2:5-6
- “Two Noble Tasks” 1 Timothy 3:1-13
- “Pillar of God’s Truth” 1 Timothy 3:14-16
- “Godliness: A Great Gain” 1 Timothy 4:7-8
- “Christian Relationship” 1 Timothy 5:1-3
- “The Fight of Faith” 1 Timothy 6:11-12
- "On Guard!” 2 Timothy 1:1-14
- “Faithful When it Hurts” 2 Timothy 2:1-3
- “Don’t Forget” 2 Timothy 2:14-15
- “Religion Without Power” 2 Timothy 3:1-7
- “The Apostle’s Last Words” 2 Timothy 4:1-2
(13 mp3 downloads)
James Boice’s Bible teaching continues on The Bible Study Hour broadcast, preparing you to think and act biblically. Dr. Boice was regarded as a leading evangelical statesman in the United States and around the world as he served as president of the Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals. His fifty-plus books include an award-winning, four-volume series on Romans. The Bible Study Hour is always available at TheBibleStudyHour.org.