Martin Luther: Theologian of the Cross
Martin Luther is the single most significant figure in the Reformation. Not only is he typically credited with having struck the first significant blow in the sixteenth century against the medieval church, but his theology — love it or hate it — also determined the shape of subsequent Protestantism, Lutheran and Reformed. Yet often his life and thought are little understood by those who claim to look to him as an inspiration for their own life and faith. These three lectures will help to explain the most important aspects of his thought in the context of his turbulent and controversial life.
The 7 messages of Martin Luther: Theologian of the Cross include:
• “A Mighty Fortress” by Richard Phillips
• “Martin Luther: Road to Reformation” by Carl Trueman
• “Martin Luther: From Cross to Freedom” by Carl Trueman
• “Martin Luther: The Legacy” by Carl Trueman
• “Martin Luther: Road to Reformation” by David Filson
• “Martin Luther: From Cross to Freedom” by David Filson
• “Martin Luther: The Legacy” by David Filson
(7 mp3 Downloads)
The Philadelphia Conference on Reformed Theology is the longest running national Reformed conference. It was started in 1974 by Dr. James Boice. It exists to glorify God through a rediscovery of the Church’s great doctrinal foundations.