As a teacher, pastor, radio speaker, editor, and master storyteller, Donald Grey Barnhouse inspired countless listeners and readers with his poignant words. In "Illustrating the Gospel of John", Barnhouse answers vital questions, including:
- How has God demonstrated His love to us?
- What great miracle is made possible by God's love to us?
- How do I know that God loves me?
- What does this loving God expect from me in return?
Many Christians would say the words integral to understanding the message of John's Gospel are faith and belief, but the real key to unlocking its truths is love, according to Barnhouse. Gleaned from the sermons he delivered at Philadelphia's Tenth Presbyterian Church, this commentary delves deeply into the author's favorite passages.
This uniquely personal, chapter-by-chapter study will be a delightful resource for pastors, teachers, leaders, speakers, and anyone desiring a refreshing commentary on the Book of John.
Publication Date: 1973
Topics: God's love, Jesus, new birth
Scripture Reference: The Gospel of John
Table of Contents:
- The Marks of Sonship
- He First Found His Brother
- The Life of the Party
- Understanding New Birth
- Come See a Man
- Lessons in Worship
- Moses Wrote of Me
- Something for Nothing
- John Bunyan's Text
- A Reading of John 7
- I am the Light of the World
- Restoring Sight to the Blind
- Ripples on the Shore of Your Life
- The Challenge of the Cross
- Art Not Thou Also one of His Disciples
- Another Strengthener-Wither
- Troubleshooting Ineffective Prayer
- A Divine Love Affair
- The Lord's Prayer
- The Christmas Story Before Pilate
- He Died That Day
- God Put You Here on Purpose
- The Post-Resurrection Ministry
- The Four Comes
Number of Pages: 320