"We have to forsake this idea that we can somehow gain favor, that we can ascend to God in order to save ourselves. Grace comes to us and says, 'No, actually you’re desperate and, unless God shows you favor, you are without hope and lost in this world." —Sean Lucas
"For by grace you have been saved through faith" (Eph. 2:8). But what is grace, and how do we get it? Oceans of ink have been spilt over this question—not the least of which during the Reformation—and yet many today still struggle with understanding how God actually shows grace towards His people.
In this booklet, Sean Lucas and the writers at Place for Truth attempt to set the record straight, taking us first to the source of our grace: Jesus Himself.
Publication Date: October 2017
Table of Contents:
1. Grace (an Interview with Sean Lucas)
2. Grace Alone by Tim Bertolet
3. Amazing Grace by Michael Roberts
4. Coming to Grips with Grace by James Rich
5. The Covenant of Grace by Jeffrey Waddington
6. A Teaching Grace by Jeffrey Stivason